1. How do I know if eyelash extensions right for me?
For anyone with natural eyelashes, false lashes are a great way to enhance your natural look. It is a small change with a large impact, allowing you to have a seemingly-natural and sexy look all day from the moment you wake up.
No matter if you prefer full glam or minimal makeup, are a bride-to-be or just want them for day-to-day, lash extensions makes your eyes pop for a look that is unforgettable.
2. What happens during a lash extension procedure?
Your appointment will usually begin with a 10 to 15 minute consultation for me to get to know you and the kind of look you desire.
You will then be reclined with your eyes closed while I apply the lashes individually onto your own natural lashes with a safe and high quality adhesive.
I recommend bringing in some of your favorite music and some earphones to help you relax and enjoy the relaxation time.
3. Do lashextensions ruin my eyelashes?
The biggest myth is that lash extensions ruin your own lashes. They do not.
If applied correctly and properly, they are safe and do not ruin the health of your natural lashes. Be sure not to rub your eyes or tug or pull on the extensions because this can cause lash loss and even damage to your natural lashes.
4. How long does it take to apply lash extensions?
Applying a full set of lashes takes about two hours, and can be maintained year-round with touch-ups that are recommended for every two to three weeks.
A half set of lashes is an economical alternative to achieve a similarly dramatic effect, applied to thicken natural lashes, or applied outward from the eye for a specialized look.
Everyone has different lashes, and depending on the condition of your own natural lashes, I can only go a certain length or thickness. (This is to ensure that your own lashes remain healthy.) For example, if your natural lashes are on the shorter, thinner side, you won’t be able to get a crazy, dramatic Kim Kardashian look, because it won’t last. It’s better to start out with a half set (50 to 60 percent of your top lashes) if you aren’t sure or it’s your first time. It’s easier to add more than to remove lashes!
5. How often do I need to get lash extensions redone?
Lash extensions last through a full growth cycle of natural eyelashes, typically six to eight weeks. That said, because each person’s lash growth is somewhat variable (just as hair growth), I suggest refills every two to three weeks to maintain a full look.
6. Can I shower or swim right away? Are there products I should absolutely avoid?
Keep water away from your lashes for the first 24 hours after application or touch-ups. Water can weaken the adhesive before it is set and cause lashes to fall off.
Using water-proof mascara on the extensions is not recommended for any type of glue, as it is hard to remove and can actually pull off the lashes prematurely when trying to take it off.
7. Can I wear eyemakeup with lashextensions?
Yes, you can. However, steer clear away from any products with oil as they can be harmful to the glue that keeps the artificial lashes attached to your natural ones.
When removing your makeup, use an oil-free makeup remover and avoid your lash line completely.
Use a cosmetic sponge to remove the makeup rather than a cotton ball or pad, which can leave cotton residue stuck in your lashes.
8. When and how do I remove my lashextension?
Lashextensions shed along with your natural eyelashes and will be completely removed in about 90 days.
If you wish to remove your lashextensions sooner, schedule an appointment with me to have them professionally removed.
Removal is painless and usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Do I need to prep my lashes before I come in?
Yes, please! Make sure your eyelashes are squeaky clean – no traces of eye makeup – prior to your appointment.
Use an oil-free make up remover if possible, and rinse well.
Any traces of oil or makeup (especially mascara) will create a barrier between the adhesive and your natural lashes, causing your extensions to drop off prematurely.
10. How do I care for my eyelash extensions?
To keep your lashes looking gorgeous as long as possible, I recommend to follow these steps:
1. Avoid contact with water or steam for the first 24-48 hours after your appointment to allow the glue to cure. The longer you wait, the better! If you must shower, clean around your eyes and avoid getting water onto your lashes.
2. Avoid exposing your lashes to prolonged heat, as this can weaken the bond and cause your extensions to fall off. No steam rooms, saunas or Bikram yoga!
3. Only run a lash wand or brush through your extensions gently. If they are getting a little unruly, you may also separate your lashes using a clear mascara wand you’ll get after your lash appointment.
4. Avoid using oil-based products around your eyes.
#phoenixlashextensions #arizonalashextensions #scottsdalelashextensions